Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Sympathy/Empathy

I think,as mom's, we know that when our little sweethearts have ear infections that yes, they are miserable and grumpy...we sympathize...we generally haven't had an ear infection OURSELVES since childhood and I think we forget how TRUELY miserable and in pain they are...my 3 yr old to the point of ear tubes b/c fluid had turned to jelly behind her eardrums. Today...OH how I sympathize AND empathize with her! I haven't had an ear infection since I was like 12ish...I forgot how EXCRUCIATING every yawn, hiccup, cough, nose blowing can be...I don't know how those little ones can suffer so long before we realize what is bothering them...I shudder now to think of the times where I thought she just had a bad cold and was sucking snot out of her nose with that blue bulb thing...when her ears were probably just KILLING her... :( I feel you pain, baby girl...literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment