Sunday, September 11, 2011

10 years ago today...


I was at my job at a daycare. I was the 2&3 yr old teacher. I remember the girls from the pre-school/4-5 yr old room coming over and telling those of us in the next room that the WTC had been hit(we shared our room with the infants-23 month olds-separated by a half wall) Someone turned on the radio b/c we didn't have a tv...I remember feeling shocked and overwhelmed b/c everyone knew my husband was in the marines and kept asking me if he was going to get sent to war. Within and hour of the 1st plane crashing...we had no kids left at the CDC...all the parents had come and gotten their kids so our boss told us to go home. I sat in front of the tv the rest of the day watching the events unfold. Watched live as the towers fell.

How do I feel now? My heart still breaks for those who died and for the love ones they left behind. It swells with pride that my husband is willing to fight to maintain our freedom against those who attacked our country. It is humbled by the sacrifce of those who gave their lives to save others that they didn't even know.

We will never forget...

No comments:

Post a Comment